Cooking can be a pleasurable experience when you do it with your heart and soul. Cooking just for the sake of cooking, will not give the special taste to the dishes you make and people would never enjoy the meal. Backing, frying, grilling and the various forms of cooking can be perfected with some helpful tips and hints. Follow them when making delicious recipes and your guest or family are sure to lick their fingers. Let us see some helpful tips and hints
1. When cooking a particular recipe, make sure you plan it well and remove the exact quantities of the ingredients needed. Keep all the ingredients ready, so you wont have to rush while cooking.
2. When making Bundt cakes make sure you have blended the ingredients well and there are no lumps in the batter. Beat the mixture well so that it fluff's up well.
3. Bundt cakes need to be cooled down for a while before cut and served to people. When using a filling inside them, it should not come out from the sides.
4. For the non-vegetarians, meatballs are an important aspect. When making them put all the ingredients other than the meat in a bowl and mix well. Then add the meat and blend in.
5. Do not kneed the meat balls mixture too much or else the balls become very hard. Also when making them wet your hands, so that the mixture does not stick to your hands.
6. When marinating chicken, it is essential that the marinate gets evenly coated on the chicken from all sides. If using a semi liquid marinate, make sure the chicken is immersed in it.
7. When using salt for marination, use less salt while cooking the chicken as the marination salt would have already entered the chicken.
8. When marinating the chicken for more than an hour, you can place it in the refrigerator as that would ensure good marination.
9. Kabobs taste delicious when all the ingredients or vegetables and meat are cut of the same size. Use metal skewers when cooking meats which take a long time to cook like pork.
10. Kabobs should be turned often when grilling. Otherwise one side can get overcooked and the other half may remain uncooked.
11. People like to chuck away bacon fat as it can increase your weight. To throw it away you can freeze it in the refrigerator by placing it in a silver foil. When it freezes it can wrapped up and thrown away. You can also use this fat to fry meat for other recipes.
12. When stir frying vegetables or meat, make sure you have all the ingredients chopped and ready. Stir frying is usually done on high flame and hence all the things should be handy.
13. Start stir frying your dish with those ingredients which are going to take longer time to cook and then descend on the list. It ensures even cooking. Also the wok or pan should be non stick to prevent any burning of food.
14. Pancakes can make breakfasts most pleasurable. However certain rules need to be followed to churn out the best pancakes. It is wise not to beat the pancake batter too much, however the batter should be smooth and without lumps.
15. Pancakes should be left on the pan to cook until the edges turn dry and start to lift. Then turn them over and let the other side cook as well.
16. Rice can be cooked in various ways. For making fluffy and non-sticky rice, you need to put a little less water than asked for in the recipe.
17 The kind of rice you choose will also matter and decide on which rice you want as per your recipe demands.
18. Squeeze half a lemon to the rice when cooking it, that ensures that the rice remains white and looks tempting.
19. When making pizzas at home, do not forget to preheat the oven.
20. Use cornmeal to make the pizza crispy and crunchy. Dust it on the pan where you are to place the pizza.
21. Invent your own toppings and get innovative with them. You can surely turn out some delicious new pizzas.
22. One dish meals are a favorite among many. You can make some innovative one dish meals by using various vegetables and meats, all combined with one another. Use Olive oil to make dressings and help make your dish delicious.
23. Use minimum time to cook meals and this can be done by doing the chopping and cutting well in advance. When you know you would be needing onions and veggies twice, cut them and keep them ready before hand. This will save your time and you would be able to make quick and tasty meals in less time.
24. Preservatives in foods can make them take longer for cooking. Make maximum use of fresh ingredients and vegetables and meats to ensure quick cooking.
25. When you have a small family and need to cook for just 2 of you, you can still make delicious recipes. When cooking for just 2 you can spend a little more time at the vegetable grocer and pack individual vegetables in different packs. Same with the meat. This helps when cooking and meat and vegetables will thaw faster.
26. You can buy pre-cut vegetables when you cooking for 2 or 3 and finish them fast. There would be no wastage of food.
27. When cooking, use vegetable and meat stocks, to ensure your recipe gets delicious. Also these stocks and broths are healthy and give you the required nutrition.
28. Pack picnic baskets by placing the easily perishable food items at the bottom. Then cover them with other foods. This will ensure they remain fresh for long.
29. When using chopping boards for cutting and chopping, clean them after one use, so that the odor of one food does not settle on the other food you cut later.
30. Do not overcook your food, it destroys the nutrition and spoils the taste.
Hope these hints and tips would help you make some scrumptious dishes and recipes. They would surely help you in your day to day cooking experience.
Copyright © 2013 - sanikanirgudkar.ExpertsColumn.Com · All Rights Reserved | Powered by: ExpertsColumn.com